Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Luxury of Unemployment

It's been well over four years since Dominique Browning was cast unto unemployment much like myself along with a cast of hundreds of thousands of others. And if you're anything like me, you've also spent many a restless night wondering about her ultimate fate and well being. 

Alas! Unlike the vast majority of those unwashed minions, she did not have to ponder who would hire a middle age adult, or how she would survive on a minimum wage income lost and forgotten amidst the nightmare of ridiculously unaffordable rents, or the plague of crime ridden streets. She just bravely carried on with the life she was destined to lead, contemplating her plight as she walked the quiet sands of the beach surrounding her... one remaining house, and writing a labor of love, appropriately entitled... Slow Love: How I Lost My Job, Put On My Pajamas, and Found Happiness. I can only begin to imagine the struggle she endured to find a publisher!

No comments: